Sunday, September 28, 2008

Why I don't write on here very much

I feel like I need to defend myself here. I know, I don't write much on here. Do you want to know why?

I work in Bellevue for the engineering consultant CH2M HILL. During the summer I worked 8 hour days. I stare at a computer all day working on transportation planning projects for Issaquah. At the end of the day I get on this for an hour and a half:



The Sound Transit Express route 550 from Downtown Bellevue to Downtown Seattle. I ride this bus from terminal to terminal, meaning I get on at the first stop and off at the last. It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes in the morning and anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours (including my connection to a short-haul bus up Capitol Hill) in the evening. (If anybody wants to suggest moving to Bellevue to be closer to work, save it. I will never move to any kind of uninspiring suburban prison such as Bellevue.) By the time I'm home all I want to do is have dinner and read a book; the last thing I want to see is my laptop or computer monitor.

I hope you understand. But now it is fall and school has started. I'm only going to work 10 hours or so a week. Maybe now I will feel more inclined to write on here. The one problem is what? I don't really have anything of particular interest to write about. Anyway, sorry for the delay. We will be moving shortly.

No comments: